Singer Bjork Attacks Anew!

January 14, 2008



Iceland singer and songwriter Bjork attacked Glen Jeffrey, a Herald photographer, on her arrival at Auckland International Airport yesterday. This is the second time Bjork attacked a journalist, the first happened last 1996 in Thailand (YouTube). She grabbed and tore Jeffrey's T-shirt from behind after the latter photographed her arriving.

"I took a couple of pictures and I got about three or four frames of her ... and as I turned and walked away she came up behind me, grabbed the back of my black skivvy and tore it down the back.

"As she did this she fell over, she fell to the ground. At no stage did I touch her or speak with her." Jeffrey said. Bjork said nothing throughout the incident while a man accompanying her tries to pacify the singer.

Jeffrey spoke to Auckland police yesterday. He said: "I don't see being assaulted as I'm working as a press photographer as an acceptable thing."If anybody assaults anybody you have the right to a legal recourse, whoever they are."

A spokeswoman for Auckland International Airport said staff would review video footage if police requested it.

0 comments:

 

Daily Trivia
Fun Trivia

Today's Cooking Tip

Cooking Tips