WARNING! This post is not suitable for weak stomach. Please proceed with caution...
The Gross Facts of Life
1. Ever have a craving for a peanut butter sandwich? That thick, yummy, and creamy goodness. In one pound of peanut butter, it typically can contain up to 150 bug fragments and 5 rodent hairs.
2. House flies go to the bathroom roughly every 4.5 minutes. Think about that next time you see one fly on your delicious dinner.
3. Step outside and smell the roses. On a daily average you will inhale 1 liter of others anal gasses.
4. In the mood for fast food? An average person will consume 12 pubic hairs in their fast food annually. Gross!
5. It's summer time, and that means the pools are open! If you swim one hour in a public pool you will intake 1/12 liters of urine.
6. Creepy crawling cockroaches. As if they aren't disgusting looking enough. These insects carry over 40 different pathogens which risk being transferred to humans. Included is pneumonia, plague, hepatitis, and typhoid fever just to name a few.
7. Need to use the bathroom? When a person pees, a small deposit of urine enters the mouth through the saliva glands.
8. Need that morning jump? Next time you go out to the coffee shop think about this, diarrhea induced E.Coli was found on 10% of coffee mugs in the U.S.
9. Enjoy a nice cup of yogurt? You might want to double check the ingredients again. Some yogurts and jelly sweets contain beef or pork gelatin.
10. Think you've got it bad when you vomit? The longest recorded projectile vomiting is 27 feet. I wonder what he ate.
11. We all like a man who gives a nice firm hand shake. However, you might want to think twice before returning the firm grip. Annually you will shake hands with 6 men who have recently masturbated and did not wash their hands.
12. Through contact with door knobs, counter tops, and other daily objects your hand will come in contact with 15 penises a day.
13. When we sleep we are the most relaxed and at peace. Who would've thought that while you are snoozing you were inhaling bugs! In a years time, most humans will consume 14 insects while in their sleep.
14. Having work done to your house? Research has shown that in a lifetime you will have had 22 workmen examine the dirty contents of your linen basket.
15. Here comes the bride. Next time you're planning to attend a wedding reception you might want to bring a hanker chief. You have a 1/100 chance of taking home a cold sore from one of the guests. Cold sores are a form of oral herpes!
Additional yucky stuffs you may want to know.... or not.
Did you know?
1. Your mouth is the most unsanitary part of your whole body. More than 100 million microcreatures live there at any one time.
2. You swallow about one quart of snot every day.
3. Most people fart 14 times a day.
4. Seventy out of 100 people admit to picking their nose. Three out of those seventy admit to eating their boogers.
5. Thomas Crapper was an Englishman who invented the shut-off for clean water entering the toilet tank in the 1800s. The word crap comes from Crapper.
6. Fresh urine is more sterile than spit or the skin on your face because healthy pee is not home to bacteria.
7. Ear wax naturally dries up and forms little balls that drop out when we yawn, chew or swallow. It coats the inside of the ear canal to trap any nasty stuff like dirt, dust and bugs that get into your ear. People who live in big cities make more ear wax.
8. About 10 billion tiny scales of skin rub off your body everyday. In a lifetime, you could fill eight five-pound flour bags with dead skin.
9. Feet sweat because there are about 250,000 pores on their soles that squirt a quarter cup of liquid each day.